Saturday, May 8, 2010

Karaoke

I love singing Karaoke.

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

The last time I did it was exactly 2 years ago...Why has it been so long?

Because in Salmon, the only place to karaoke now is at a local bar.

I don't mind singing in a bar, mostly because I sound good compared to all the drunks who get up and stagger through a song. And also, since they're all drunk, they think I sound great, too!!!

I just didn't like coming home smelling like I had smoked a pack of cigarettes. I didn't like how the smell permeated my hair, stung my eyes, dried my throat, and stunk up my clothes.

Well, that, and the fact that all my karaoke friends moved away, so I quit going because nobody's willing to go with me anymore!!

BUT, I still LOVE karaoke, and I would go in a heartbeat if it was in a different environment and/or I had somebody to go with!!!

Whenever I would go, I ALWAYS sang "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, because that's MY song. I've performed it every time I've gone!!!

After hearing Rachel sing that same song on GLEE the other night, I was having doubts that I would ever sing it again. Rachel can nail every song she performs; she is fabulous! And she truly did amazing on that song. Great for Rachel. Bad for Kala. (I have self-confidence issues and inferior feelings occasionally)

But, last night, I felt redeemed. For some reason, I was up late watching TV. Maya Rudolph and Jimmy Fallon sang karaoke to the tune of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on his Late, Late Show. And they butchered it. It was hilariously awful. Bad for Maya and Jimmy. GREAT for Kala!!!

So, once again, I'm ready to belt out the lyrics to "Total Eclipse of the Heart"!!!

That is, if I ever karaoke again!!!

3 comments:

darcymae said...

i LOVE that song! i used to turn it up and sing it LOUD all the time!!

Miss Heather said...

I sing karaoke ALL THE TIME! There are so many cool karaoke bars (non-smoking!!) here and it's a blast!! PLUS I have my own awesome karaoke set up and tons of CDs so I rock it out alone in my house all the time... wait, that's kind of sad... but it's true! :) I always sing Black Velvet or Killing Me Softly... they are my songs! :)

EmWJ said...

I'm sure she has a good voice in person, but the reason they always nail everything is that they autotune their songs on Glee. I wish they wouldn't, I'd love to hear their organic voices.