Friday, April 9, 2010

Twelve

Twelve lines
from
Twelve of "our" songs
that represent
the Twelve years of our marriage!
Year 1 (1998-99): Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you ("Falling In Love"-UB40)

Year 2 (1999-00): You're wrong when it's right, it's black and it's white. We fight, we break up. We kiss, we make up ("Hot n Cold"-Katy Perry)

Year 3 (2000-01): Together we can take it to the end of the line ("Total Eclipse of the Heart"-Bonnie Tyler)

Year 4 (2001-02): Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song--every rose has its thorn ("Every Rose has its Thorn"-Poison)

Year 5 (2002-03): I will be strong, I will be faithful, 'cause I'm counting on a new beginning, a reason for living, a deeper meaning ("Truly, Madly, Deeply"-Savage Garden)

Year 6 (2003-04): Yes I'm Siskel, Yes I'm Ebert, and you're getting two thumbs up ("Discovery Channel"-Bloodhound Gang)

Year 7 (2004-05): How do I get through one night without you? If I had to live without you, what kind of life would that be? ("How Do I Live"-Trisha Yearwood)

Year 8 (2005-06): I wanna wrap the moon around us, and lay beside you skin on skin ("I Need You"-Tim McGraw/Faith Hill)

Year 9 (2006-07): Still we both know that the road is long; we know that we will be together, because our love is strong ("Love of a Lifetime"-Firehouse)

Year 10 (2007-08): Slowly learning that life is OK ("Take on Me"-Aha)

Year 11 (2008-09): I'm everything I am because you loved me ("Because You Loved Me"-Celine Dion)

Year 12 (2009-10): When the sun shines, we shine together, told you I'll be here forever ("Umbrella"-Rihanna)

Happy 12th Anniversary, babe! There's nobody else I'd rather take the rollercoaster ride of life with! You....complete.....me!!!

7 comments:

Gina said...

Ahh. Cute. Happy Anniversary you two!

Franson Funny Farm said...

I love the last pic! And aren't wedding pictures so fun! You look so young!
Happy Anniversary!!!

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Has it really been 12 years? It hasn't been that long ago that I was attending your bridal shower & reception at the Huckabees was it? Good times. Happy Anniversary!

D'Neill said...

Happy 12th Anniversary!!

birdeeb said...

Very cute! Happy Anniversary! I loved UB40 back in the day...oh what am I saying I STILL love UB40 ;o)

Debra said...

Happy 12th! That's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You're an amazing woman and wife. I loved the song selections. Some were my favs. back in their day. Thank you for the journey.