Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Moment in Time

Life is ever changing, constantly moving forward.

I know this is just a fact of life.

Right now, I love the stages each of my children are in.

I know this season won't last much longer, and I'm trying to savor each moment, each experience, each day, with my children during this brief moment in time.

Right now, Ammon is in the 4th grade. This is his last year at the elementary school. He loves his teacher--she's truly wonderful. He's excelling in most subjects. He has good friends. He's enjoying his life. He's increasing his skills in the areas that he loves most--reading and writing and, of course, P.E. He loves sports and he does so well at them! He is a responsible little boy who is quickly becoming a young man.

I'm happy to see him doing so well. I'm glad he's content with his life at the moment. I spend time alone with him occasionally in the evenings doing homework or talking, and I'm grateful for every chance!

Right now, Jonah and Micah are in Kindergarten. This is their first year at the elementary school. They adore their teacher--she's so much fun! They enjoy learning and are doing so well with learning letters and numbers and writing names and recognizing words. They love their class. They've made new friends. They are so happy with their life! They wake up in the morning and play with each other for a while until it's lunch time and time for school.

At the moment, it's fun for me to watch them learn and grow and develop their personalities. Two mornings a week, they are home alone with me, and it's fun to watch just the two of them play with each other!

Right now, Kanyon goes to preschool two mornings a week. He looks forward to it, and he's really grown since starting school in February. He isn't as angry. He doesn't bang his head as much. He uses more vocabulary and communication. He's sleeping better at night. He's potty trained. He wakes up in the mornings and says "I'm happy". Preschool has done wonders for him. And on his days off of preschool, he loves playing with his brothers in the morning before they leave for Kindergarten.

He's so much happier and I love listening to him and watching him play with his brothers and others at the moment! Four afternoons a week, he's at home alone with me and we relish the time together.

I watch my four boys interact with another in the mornings and in the evenings. I watch them play with one another, I watch how they care for one another, how they speak to one another, how they share with one another, how they love one another. I wish I could bottle up this time, this season, this stage of our lives. I love seeing my young children living life to the fullest in their youth, filling it with happiness through playing and exploration and adventures. It brings my inner-child, as well as the mother in me, so much joy!

Before the next phase of our lives begin, I will enjoy these precious moments for as long as they last! Because I realize and I know that they don't last nearly long enough.

1 comment:

darcymae said...

isnt it nice when you have those rare moments of motherhood that you can just sit back and reap the benefits of all the hard work you have done as a mom?!

my kiddos are NOT at one of those stages right now. actually, they are all at kinda cute, delightful stages individually but my girls are REALLY clashing when they get together. every minute is a power struggele and, therefore, an argument. i dont know why we cant all just get along!!