Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Magical, Muse-ical Day

THE BEGINNING: The morning after Easter, Josh and I left the boys at my mom's house for the day and headed to SLC (thanks Mom for babysitting!). We stopped in Clearfield on the way to pick up a new bunkbed from cousin Seth (thanks Seth! Ammon is so excited to sleep in it!) and we visited with Aunt Jane for an hour while packing the bed into the back of the truck.
Then we met my friend Heather from high school for lunch at Costa Vida (yummy!). We decided it had been over 10 years since we'd seen each other, which was way too long! We'd reconnected through blogging and facebook a few years ago, and I was so excited to see her again! I like to refer to her as my "soul sister" because she understands me so well! We had a great chat and I was so happy to visit her! THE MIDDLE: After lunch, Josh picked up a big mower for the golf course at the TORO equipment distributing place. Then we drove to IKEA and perused the giant store for 2 hours. It was marvelous. I fell in love with the whole store! It was so fun and relaxing to walk around with Josh and talk about ideas and plans and likes/dislikes and our future. We surprisingly fell in love with this (and I can't wait til we can buy it!):
THE MAIN EVENT: We went to dinner at T.G.I.Fridays--I just love that place! We were going to meet up with my friend and Josh's cousin Amy for dinner, but our schedules were just 'off', and we missed her (I still feel bad about that, Amy). Then we drove to the E Center to see MUSE in concert!!! Josh loves that British Rock Group, and when I heard they were coming, I knew he would definitely want to go! We both wore our England T-shirts for the special occasion! Seeing Muse in concert was absolutely amazing!! I am now a huge fan! Josh thinks they are even better live than recorded! They are fabulous performers! They had awesome lights and special effects and their music was just incredible!!! We loved every minute of it! It's now at the top of our list of favorite concerts! My sisters Tawna and Trina were there, too, and I was glad to experience it along with my sisters!
The show began with three lighted columns, and music playing loudly.
The curtains over the three columns were dropped, revealing the musicians in the center:
The grand piano came out for two musical numbers:The key-tar was really cool, too:Some of the lights were simply mesmerizing:Giant eyeball balloons were dropped from the ceiling and floated around the crowd until they got popped, which produced confetti from inside them that was thrown all over:

At the end of the final song of the encore, the smoke columns were produced:I'm SOOO glad we were part of that spectacular event! Did I mention how amazing their musical talent was?! Seriously, they were SOOOO good!!! The only bad part of the entire magical and relaxing and lovely day was driving back to Tremonton from SLC. There was a giant snowstorm, it was dark, the road signs were covered up, the streets and highways hadn't been plowed, we were pulling a big trailer through lots of traffic in heavy slush. It took us 2 hours, which would normally be an hour drive, but thankfully we arrived safely (even though we witnessed multiple accidents along the way).
THE END.

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Yay for you and me and Muse! :)

Eve said...

I love the picture of you and Heather! You two look gorgeous!