Tuesday, April 20, 2010

69

My dad celebrated his 69th birthday on April 6. I thought it would be fun to give him a gift in honor of the number 69, so my sisters and my mom and I created a package present for him titled "Wine Me, Dine Me, Sixty-Nine Me" (yes, I know what that means--and no, it wasn't a 'dirty' gift). For the "Wine Me", he received a bottle of his favorite Sparkling Cider, Cold Duck.

For the "Dine Me", he received a $50 gift certificate to the Maddox Restaurant to take mom to dinner with.

For the "Sixty-Nine Me", we gave him a framed letter of 69 things we love about him--his character traits, memories we have with him, and frequent quotes we often hear him say!! He loved the gift, and it was so hilarious listening to him read some of his quotes! There were classic lines, like: "Shut the fridge door, I can't afford to cool the whole house!", "Shut the front door, I'm not trying to heat the outside", "I trust you, it's all the idiots on the road I don't trust", "You better beat me to the car", "Let's GO if we're gonna go!", and "Where's your mother?", just to name a few.Happy Birthday Dad! You're a one-of-a-kind and I love you!

3 comments:

Candise said...

You are SO creative! What a fun gift, and 69 things that I am sure every one of your siblings will want a copy of!

He's a lucky Dad...

darcymae said...

you're so cute and creative!

Debra said...

very sweet! I enjoyed seeing pictures of your dad. I always thought he was a good teacher.