Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Monopoly

For his birthday in 2002, I gave Josh a Monopoly Golf. I knew how much he loved the board game, and when I found the "Golf" edition of it, I thought it was perfect for him! He loved it! But it was rarely played because I refuse to play it with him. He always wins Monopoly big-time, and I hate losing so badly over and over and over. Thankfully, when Ammon became old enough to understand the game, Josh found someone willing to play it over and over and over with him! And Ammon has gotten quite good at it, too, even beating his dad on a few occasions!

Now during every Christmas Break for the past 3 years, playing the Monopoly game has become a competition between Josh, Ammon, and Gideon. Ammon looks forward to it, and even played against himself a few times this year to practice for the competition! I think it's funny to watch the three guys play it together, all very serious and competitive, making the game last for hours! Alyssa decided to join in this year's competition, too...but I think she enjoyed it about as much as I did while playing against them, so I doubt she'll do it again!

Each year, at the end of the competition, the champion claims the cherished title of Monopoly King, reigning for a full year until the next Christmas Break!!!

January 2010 - Champion: Josh

January 2009 - Champion: Gideon

January 2008 - Champion: Josh
(sorry, no photo)

3 comments:

Franson Funny Farm said...

Kc and John love to play Monopoly too. We should make that available for them for the reunion. :) We have about 4 different games.

Hailey Linger said...

I like Monopoly but I always played with a cheating brother. Although, I know what it's like to play games with Josh. Scattergories anyone?

Melissa said...

I think it must be a guy thing. Shane and his brothers and brothers in law love to play monopoly too. It is not uncommon for them to have a big monopoly game going when we all get together.