Sunday, January 17, 2010

About that Jolly Old Fellow...

Well, I've been dreading this happening since the first Christmas after Ammon was born--Ammon informed me at the beginning of December that he knows the truth about Santa Clause. I told him that if he stopped believing, he'd stop receiving too!!!

When a letter from Santa came in the mail, he said "I know this isn't from Santa, because only Grandma addresses the envelope like that". When I told him we were going to the annual Library Christmas Pajama Party, he said "I'm too old for that" and didn't come along.

But the rest of us are still believers! I took the 3 younger boys with me to the wonderful annual event--a pajama party complete with story-telling, a sing-along, and a visit from Santa!!! When Santa entered the room, Kanyon was so excited and knew just who he was. Jonah and Micah were very shy and didn't react or say anything when they saw him. But when it was time for the kids to take turns on his lap, Kanyon refused to go while Jonah and Micah were happy to.

I don't force my children sit on his lap because I don't like photos of children crying on Santa. Kanyon wouldn't get within 10 feet of him, so...no picture.

And since Ammon wasn't a believer, he wasn't a receiver of the new books that the three boys got, or a sack containing an orange and a candy cane that Santa gave to the children who do still believe!

1 comment:

darcymae said...

that is SO sad! i am dreading the year that zoey tells me the same thing.