Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Goals Summary

PHYSICAL: Swim past the rock island in Williams Lake
[completed]

(you can see the island way behind Ammon in this picture)


SPIRITUAL: Go to the temple at least 5 times
[completed]

(Rexburg twice, Idaho Falls, Logan, and Ogden)


EDUCATIONAL: Read the Book of Mormon
[unfinished--I started off strong, but never made it past 1 Nephi]

PERSONAL: Grow a successful garden and pumpkin patch and eat or preserve the crops
[completed]

One of our delicious giant radishes

Hobo Dinner with home-grown potatoes, carrots, and onions

Yummy home-grown green beans with bacon

Spaghetti Salad with home-grown cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes

Glazed Carrots

Yummy Corn on the Cob

Dehydrating Apples

My first attempt at Pumpkin Puree - One large pumpkin made enough for 20 pies!

Spiced Apple/Pear Freezer Jam - made with fruit off our trees

My first attempt ever at Applesauce


FINANCIAL: Pay off my new laptop
[completed]
FUN: Finish the England Vacation scrapbook
[unfinished--I did a few more pages in it, but I haven't scrapbooked in over 9 months]

5 comments:

Stacy said...

WOW! All that canning is awesome. I was feeling pretty cool for canning a slew of salsa and some tomatoes. No longer my friend, no longer. You are the WOMAN. Did you ever get sick of it, or do you enjoy canning? Sounds like you had a successful year. Good job.

Gina said...

You're awesome Kala, you are definatly more motivated than I. Way to go on meeting your goals this year! I'd love to scrapbook with you and do my part in helping with the finishing of the England scrapbook(you know talking to you while YOU acually get something accomplished.)

darcymae said...

you're my hero! you are so cute and domestic. i wanna be like you when i grow up!!

D'Neill said...

The vegies/recipes from your garden/trees look AMAZING! You are one great cook/canner! :)

Justin Jacki Jaden Halli Ragen said...

All I have to say is WOW!!! I want a garden! You did all of that from your own fruit and veggies, that is awesome! YOU ROCK GIRL!!!! You put me to shame! I better not continue looking at your blog, I'm feeling way out done!!! :) Take care!!