Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heavy Laden

This tree has born quite the load this year.
So much so, in fact, that it's branches are bowing.
Millions of apples to pick. Gallons of applesauce to make.
And yet, here I am just blogging about it instead of doing it.

I was excited at the prospect of it, but now it just seems overhwleming to me.

And in the meantime, the apples are all falling off the tree and getting bruised and chomped on by the deer.

They are not fit for canning, and so they are getting fed to the pigs by the bushel.

I tell myself that the apples are still serving a purpose, and are not being wasted!

Which means that now there are only...

Thousands of apples to pick up. and Pints of applesauce to make.

3 comments:

Amy - said...

My mom always made apple chips. She would slice them and then sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar and then leave them in the fruit drier. We ate hundreds of apple chips when we were younger! :)

Debra said...

Wow! I wish I was there to help you out with all those apples. Wanna share?

Sunshine Designed said...

Sounds like a great project! Wish I could come do it with you.