Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Radical Radishes


Josh wanted to plant radishes in our garden this year. He thought they would be good. I, on the other hand, thought they were gross. But we still planted them for the first time. They were the last seeds we planted, and yet they were the first ones produced! I changed my mind about them, they are SO good! I love eating them fresh! I love the texture, I love the hot flavor, and I love how easy they were to grow! And they are WAY bigger than the store-bought ones. Unfortunately, they don't stay fresh and growing in the ground like other vegetables do, and within 2 weeks of being ready, the unpicked plants have turned hard, discolored, split open, and yucky. Next time, I think we'll plant radishes in rounds, a few seeds at a time. I'm glad that Josh still decided to plant them even though I didn't want to, because otherwise I never would've realized their potential!

1 comment:

Gina said...

those are huge. I can't believe they got that large.