Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Vacation Day Off

On June 16, I took a "Vacation Day" from my motherhood job and went to Twin Falls with Josh. He was in a golf tournament in Jerome, and needed a partner, so we took the Linger's with us. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive from Salmon, and the conversation was so nice the whole way. After we dropped the guys off at the golf course, Hailey and I drove into town. We saw the beautiful newly built Twin Falls temple. We were going to do a session too, but the temple was closed for renovations.We went to lunch at a Mongolian BBQ restaurant. I hadn't been to one of those in years and years, and I absolutely enjoyed eating there. My very favorite items on the buffet menu were the Stir-Fried Green Beans, Sesame Balls, and Palm Leaf Cookies. We went shopping for a couple hours, and I bought a large new frying pan and a ladderball yard game with my yard sale money. Then we went to pick up the guys, and we had dinner together. Before making the long drive back, we stopped to look at the gorgeous Twin Falls bridge and the scenic Snake River Canyon.
The day was a fabulous rejuvenation for me.

5 comments:

Gina said...

How fun! The temple is beautiful. I am glad you got to go and be rejuvenated!

Sunshine Designed said...

I'll bet! I hope you get to enjoy many more mom vacations! Cheers to days without hearing "mom, Mom MOM"!
Enjoy Saturday too!

Melissa said...

I'm such a scaredy cat, that gorge always freaks me out and looks cool at the same time whenever we go to Twin Falls.
That restaurant food looks yummy though. Maybe I'll have to tell Shane to take me there next time we are there...whenever that may be. :)

Debra said...

We all need a little rejuvenations at times...How Wonderful!

Hailey Linger said...

Thanks for letting us tag along. We had a great time with you guys too. I haven't laughed that hard with you in a while. Can't wait for divine "29"!!!