Tuesday, June 16, 2009

School's Out!

Ammon was in a 3rd/4th split class this year with 19 students. He really liked his teacher, Mrs. Livingston. At the beginning of the year, he struggled with all the "extra" responsibilities and work that he said he had to do, but after Christmas break he really started enjoying his class. His favorite subjects were reading and math. His favorite things to do at school were going to P.E. and playing football during recess. His best friends this year were Garrett, Tyler H., and Brogun. He was picked to be the Postmaster for the school's Wee Deliver program, he was in the Gifted & Talented program for the 2nd year, and he earned the 100% Attendance Award for the 3rd year in a row!!!

I volunteered two mornings a week helping the students with their spelling contracts and TimeLine projects. I really enjoyed seeing him at school. In the previous two years that I've volunteered at his school, I've always helped the lower level reading students. Ammon has always been at the top of his class for reading, so that meant I never spent time with him when I volunteered.

School was out at the end of May. Ammon's year ended with different activities every single day during the last two weeks of school, including (but not limited to):
Class Water Party at Mrs. Livingston's house
3rd grade Track Meet
Student Art Show (this is all of Ammon's artwork from the entire year)
3rd grade Picnic at the Park
Way to Go Ammon for completing the 3rd grade and doing so well! We are so proud of you!

5 comments:

Tawna said...

I can't believe Ammon will be in 4th grade..that makes me a little teary eyed, and it makes me feel really old. He is one smart, good kid, and I LOVE being his aunt :)

Sunshine Designed said...

Way to go Ammon- you are such a smart, talented good kid. The girls and I really enjoyed your piano recital. Thanks for sharing with us! Enjoy summer

Gina said...

Wow Kala you really are catching up!

Tiffany said...

Your little guy looks like he is very talented and it also looks like he has lots of fun! Fun pics

Hailey Linger said...

I love the picture of Ammon doing the long jump. His shadow looks awesome!