Thursday, May 14, 2009

'EGGS'travaganza!

Our spring ward party was at the end of March. As the Ward Activities Coordinator, I choose when and what we do at ward parties. It's quite fun, actually--it's like having a giant birthday party and inviting everyone you want to come, without having to pay for it!!! (I do have a budget though.) I chose the theme "'Eggs'travaganza" this time because it was only a few weeks prior to Easter. Unfortunately, the date I chose for the ward party was also the last day of school before a week-long spring break, so there was only about 100 people who came--which is 50 less than usual.For decorations, I cut up large egg-shaped posters, decorated them with purple patterns, and wrote fun egg phrases on them, for example "don't put all your eggs in one basket". On the tables, I put Cadbury's mini eggs as edible centerpieces, and had pencils wrapped in swirling purple duct tape and egg trivia forms for people to fill out.
The dinner menu this time was biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs with diced green peppers, and mini cups of fruit, with bread pudding for dessert. (here is 240 eggs before being scrambled)After dinner, the activity for the youth was an egg triathlon. Every participant was assigned a number which was pinned on them. They were given three hard boiled eggs, and used those eggs to earn points in the three categories: Egg Roll, Egg Toss, and Egg Relay.
(This is the triathlon area before it started. I put plastic down so I didn't have to clean up spilled eggs on the floor. The three separate activity areas were taped to show point lines)
The youth with the highest scores, out of a possible 15, received golden eggs with gold-wrapped chocolate candies inside. All of the other participants received a candy-filled plastic easter egg. (Here I am with my helper Danielle tallying the results of the triathlon)
Now you can be a part of a contest! See if you can answer correctly my Trivia questions! To the first person who gets the most right before Monday May 18, I will send some candy-filled plastic Easter eggs! (I know this is way past Easter, but I don't care). I will post the answers on Monday! Good Luck, and please no cheating by researching!
1. What color of eggs doesn't Sam-I-Am like in the Dr. Seuss book?
a. White
b. Green
c. Yellow

2. Eggs contain nearly every nutrient known to be essential to humans:
True or False

3. The yolk of a large egg equals:
a. 1 teaspoon
b. 2 teaspoons
c. 1 tablespoon

4. The white of the egg is mostly mucus and fat:
True or False

5. Hard-boiled eggs stay good in the refrigerator for:
a. 24 hours
b. 1 week
c. 2 weeks

6. Eggs have been a part of springtime traditions since before Christ was born:
True or False

7. The word Easter comes from:
a. Eastran, a medieval spring feast
b. Eostre, the goddess of spring
c. Eastermna, a Jewish festival

8. The most expensive jeweled eggs in the world today were made by Ukrainians:
True or False

9. The first Cadbury's chocolate egg was made in:
a. 1905
b. 1925
c. 1945

10. The full moon determines the date of Easter:
True or False

11. Easter eggs were first painted in bright colors to:
a. honor the colors of the earth
b. represent spring sunlight
c. confuse chickens

12. Which came first?
a. the chicken
b. the egg
c. the goose

3 comments:

Gina said...

1-B
2-F
3-C
4-T
5-B
6-F
7-B
8-T
9-B
10-F
11-B
12-A

Sunshine Designed said...

Here goes it!
1) B
2) T
3) C
4) F
5) B
6) T
7) A
8) F
9) B
10) T
11) A
12) A

Angela said...

1.b
2.T
3.c
4.T
5.b
6.T
7.b
8.f
9.a
10.t
11.a
12.a

Make sure you post the answers! Now I'm curious! :)

Also, your music on your blog makes me want to go do aerobics! Maybe I should download it and get moving! LOL!