Saturday, April 25, 2009

Extravadance

Josh's brother Gideon has been dancing on the BYU-I Dance Alliance team for the last four years. Every year, they perform their dance numbers in a large production called "Extravadance". Because Gideon graduated this spring, this was his last Extravadance performance. I have enjoyed watching him over the years, he is extremely talented and fun to watch! I will miss seeing him and his girlfriend Alyssa (who also graduated this spring) dance on that stage!
The theme for Extravadance this year was "The Journey - A Celebration of Life". They had songs from different generations, songs from different countries, songs representing the different phases of life. Gideon and Alyssa performed a beautiful duet; it was an interpretation about the stages of life.
I thought the funniest numbers were: the 80's dance, complete with a Michael Jackson look-alike, and the ballet dance with Alyssa as the funny student.
There was 22 dances and a finale. Every musical number was complete with beautiful and brilliant costumes. I just loved them all! It was a very spiritual production as well. The dancers started and ended the night all dressed in white, very symbolic of our beginning and ending of life here on Earth. It was inspiring and left a profound impression.

Josh and I went on a date to Rexburg for the show, which is a 5-hour round trip from Salmon, the first week of March. I was so grateful that we had the opportunity to go! The show was fantastic! And I just love these 2 dancers!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

This looks like it was a REALLY enjoyable evening!!!

And YES I hope we will totally be hosting some fun BBQs this summer! In fact I think that is going to be our donation to the Auction next week cause I think it would be a blast as long as the weather will cooperate!

Debra said...

Looks like you had a Blast! That is so much fun! What a trip!!!