Friday, April 17, 2009

Clothing Accumulation

As I've been uploading and editing July and August 2008 photos over the last few days, I came across these:
These photos were taken as evidence--of my Children's Clothing Hoarding Syndrome.
Here is when I realized I had a problem...I was getting ready for a yard sale with a few friends last summer and decided to go through some children's clothing that were in boxes in the shed. Since Kanyon would soon be in size 2T, I pulled out all the boxes labeled that. All FIVE boxes.
Ever since I had my first child, when people offered me their free hand-me-down clothes, I gratefully accepted. It got even worse after the twins were born. After all, what if I had twins again? I needed to be prepared! Every item of clothing that I was given, I saved. But FIVE boxes? Of only ONE size of clothing? It just seems so excessive, even for twins! Apparently I was preparing myself for octuplets! So I managed to purge the clothes down to 2 boxes, and got rid of the rest.
Since Kanyon is our last child, we are now the ones giving others hand-me-down clothes, and gladly so. It feels good to be on the giving end rather than the receiving end. Maybe it will help cure me of my hoard-ness!!!

2 comments:

darcymae said...

i dont think you should talk outloud about octuplets unless you want a set!!

Emily said...

HA HA! This is so me! Piles of clothes, baby items, fabric, scrapping supplies, all just in case we need them some day. Trouble is, i couldn't find half of it if I ever did need it! Good for you on clearing some of it out!