Friday, March 13, 2009

Imagination

I love listening to and watching my boys play! When they play pretend, I find myself immersed in their activities; it is so interesting to me! At our house, all the toys are separated into "buckets" (see-through plastic boxes). Each bucket contains a specific kind of toy, for example: monster trucks, army men, farm animals, puzzles, blocks, legos, etc. Seriously, we have almost 30 buckets. The rule is: no more than two buckets can be opened and played with at any time, because it's easier to clean up that way. But, for various unknown reasons, sometimes more than two are opened. This is what usually happens...the boys' creativity switch turns on, and the different toys join together for one greater cause...IMAGINATIVE PLAY!
Seen here: Army men, cars, and marbles have been meticulously placed and put in order on and around the farm--ready for the upcoming pretend "war" to begin!

2 comments:

Debra said...

That is too cool! I Love the marbles, cars and guys getting ready for war. Cute!!! I also Love having clear boxes of toys...Helps to keep my sanity although, the kids think it's much more fun to play with more than 1 at a time sometimes. It's ok. I guess it allows for more creativity as well as sorting skills...

Johnston Family said...

Kids sure are creative and fun!!