Sunday, January 4, 2009

There's more...

Did you see that annoying commercial where the wife is giving the husband Christmas gifts, and he opens a cell phone, is all excited about it, and his wife says "there's more". Then he gets a mp3 player, and is all excited about it, and she says "there's more". And then he gets a camera, and she says "there's more"...
I hated that commercial. I thought it was pretty stupid that one gift couldn't have been enough for a Christmas gift (okay, okay, it was one gift that was essentially 4 things in one, but you get the point.)
But then, my Christmas turned out kind of like the commercial.
First, the day after Thanksgiving, I bought myself this (but I didn't open it until after Christmas):
It would've been enough for me, I promise. But wait, there's more...for Christmas, Josh got me this (which I love-because I dropped my old one in the sand): THERE's MORE. I opened this Christmas gift from the boys (since Kanyon threw away one of our old handsets): THERE's MORE. After Christmas, with some gift money, I got myself this to go with my new laptop and my new camera (I use an older version of it constantly): THERE's MORE. Josh got me this so I could use my new laptop in my room (it took me two days to figure out how to hook it up, but very well worth it!): I feel so lucky! I am SO happy with all my new electronics and camera gear! But, the sad part is, since I spent all my Christmas money on myself and MY laptop, I didn't get my sweet husband anything. I told him back in November, "Honey, this year I'm not getting you anything." I was hoping that he would do the same nothing for me in return. Which of course he didn't. So, the camera and the new phones were such an awesome surprise! He is seriously the best gift giver. I, on the other hand, am the worst! Happy Christmas to me! Maybe next year will be HIS year!!!

No comments: