Monday, January 19, 2009

G is for Goals, 6 is the Total

When I was growing up, my family would get together at the beginning of each new year and individually make New Year's goals in 5 different categories. So for tradition's sake, here's my goals for 2009:

SPIRITUAL:
1. Go to the temple at least 5 times.
I only went once last year, and it wasn't really a great year for me. I'm going to go more this year, and I know my year will be better!

PHYSICAL:
2. Swim past the Rock Island in Williams Lake I swam to it last year, and absolutely loved it! I can't wait to do it again...eventually I'd like to swim across the entire lake!

EDUCATIONAL:
3. Read the Book of Mormon.
Thanks to my friend Hailey for the challenge!

PERSONAL:
4. Grow a successful Garden and Pumpkin Patch, and eat or preserve ALL the crops.
Due to the late frost in May, our garden didn't turn out very well last year.

FUN:
5. Finish the England Vacation scrapbook.
It's been almost a year since we went, and I'm not even half done with it.

FINANCIAL: (a new category-not from my childhood)
6. Pay off my new laptop
I'm surprisingly over halfway to completing this already!

I thought about adding categories for home, motherhood, wifehood and so forth, but I really wanted to create personal goals rather than a to-do type of list. I want to focus on just improving myself first! There is room for much improvement there!!!

5 comments:

Debra said...

Good for you! I hope that you can meet your goals this year...Good Luck!!! I didn't know that you were a swimmer...How did I miss that?

Miss Heather said...

You're awesome. I could NEVER swim that far, seriously!!! :)

Miss Heather said...

YES, the Honey Smacks/pee thing works... your pee will smell EXACTLY like Honey Smacks a few hours after you eat them. It's so awesome!! :)

I live about 20 minutes from the airport. We should hang out!!! Why are you going on a trip? Oh, I hope we can see each other!

Hailey Linger said...

Thanks for picking up the challenge with me. If it weren't for that, there have been many days I haven't felt up to it. I always feel better when I read and it always makes me thankful for you and our friendship.

darcymae said...

kayla! i have missed you. its been too long since somebody called me a ho!!

your fam is sure cute. 4 boys!?! you've been busy!