Friday, October 17, 2008

Jonah and the whale

Jonah and Micah are identical twins. Ever since they came home from the hospital, we have had them dressed in color-coded clothes. We do this to not only help us (even though we know who's who), but for everyone else to identify them as well. We almost always have Jonah wear blue, and Micah usually wears red or yellow or green. I explain to people at preschool and church and MOPS and babysitters how to remember who wears what: "Jonah and the whale-whales are blue-Jonah wears blue".
Today, I was at the computer, and one of the boys ran in through the front door and down the hall to the bathroom. After several minutes, I yelled down the hall "MICAH, what are you doing down there?" (Micah is my mischevious one, and if you don't check up on him when he's quiet, you never know what you'll find later.) The shout back came: "I'm not Micah, I'm Jonah". I called back, "How do you know you're Jonah?" He said, "Because I'm wearing the blue shirt!" Totally made me laugh! Such a smart boy-he knows the system. It's funny that's the way he identifies himself now as well!!! At least they haven't figured out yet to switch shirts and confuse us all!

4 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Oh, the switching will come. I'm certain they will have too much fun with it.

Miss Heather said...

That makes me laugh so hard! I LOVE IT!

Hailey Linger said...

I'm sure now that you mentioned switching shirts it will happen within the next week right? Isn't that how it usually works? You say something and then it happens. I for one and glad for your system that way when they come to my house I can tell them apart. Wyatt still asks me each time which color goes with which one. Love your new background!So fun!

Stacy said...

That is so precious. Awww. Made me smile.