Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gohee Hopping then the Harver Store

All four of my boys have had speech delays, and all due to numerous ear infections. Ammon had tubes put in his ears when he was 2 1/2. Jonah and Micah got tubes put in their ears when they were 18 months. Kanyon is going to the ENT doctor next week to see if/when he will have his procedure done.
This is going to sound crazy, but the one thing that I'm grateful for that comes with speech delays is mispronunciations. For instance, when Ammon was little, he used to always say "I huw woo" for I love you or "dough-boy" for cowboy or "bwoo" for moo. SO adorable! Jonah and Micah used to say "appee-haus" for applesauce, "wausee" for horse, and "neamote" for remote. Kanyon's words have doubled within the last two weeks, and he can say "eee-ooo" for see you and "yoo-ooh" for shoe and "Amah" for Ammon. Even when they get a little older, and they are trying to say it right but it comes out wrong, I don't do what my children's speech therapist says to do--correct them. I think it is just too dang cute and too short-lived to correct. I love hearing their own little words.
For the longest time, Jonah and Micah said "gohee hopping" whenever we had to go to a certain store in town. This past week we made four different trips to the "Harver" store (as Micah calls it). Can you guess where these two places mean?

4 comments:

Candise said...

Grocery shopping...and the hardware store...of course! So cute, and fun to figure out what they are saying. You are smart to write them down. I am always afraid I will forget the cute things!

Emily said...

I'm with you- it's too cute to correct. I'm dreading the day when we have to do something about Rachel's lisp. I love it!

Hailey Linger said...

Surprisingly Jason guessed what they were saying before I did. Bubbers cracks me up. He's talking so much now. I liked his whoooaa, when we were watching spider man. Thanks for the encouragement on my last post. I'll keep shaking my butt just for you! He He! Now when I do quick feet I'll have something else to think about besides my own pain. Only you could make me crack up at such a time.

Hailey Linger said...

Oh by the way I forgot to tell you I would love to help you make your own background paper and header. I think I can do it now in under six hours. Sheesh!