Thursday, September 11, 2008

So Long, Farewell, Goodbye Summer

The nights are getting colder, the days are getting shorter, frost is on the lawn in the morning, the garden is maturing, kids are back in school, leaves are beginning to change color... All these things can mean only one thing: Summer is now over, and Fall is beginning! I love Fall, it's my favorite season!!! But the transition can be a little difficult for me. So, before I can fully welcome the Fall, I need to say goodbye to the Summer and all of its splendor. In June, I made a list of "Top Ten Things to Enjoy this Summer", and now everything on the list has been accomplished! So, here's a summary of the Top Ten List to acknowledge and celebrate the summer's passing!

Take care of our garden
Due to the funky-weathered season, our garden only produced pumpkin, cucumbers, and a few corn.











Spend lots of time relaxing
You can never spend enough time doing this!













Enjoy evening walks
One of our favorite family activities, and we are still enjoying them!













Watch the Demolition Derby
Completed 7.5
The biggest Salmon-redneck attraction there is!













Re-visit Meadow Lake
Completed 8.30
We loved camping there, we want it to become an annual event!



















Tour Mt. Timpanogos Cave
Completed 6.8
What an amazing cave and beautiful hike it was!










Host our annual barbeque with friends
Completed 8.25
This was our 4th annual one, and my favorite yet!














Go fishing & camping at Iron Lake with the Lingers
Completed 8.17
We love going to this spot & we love camping with our best friends!














Go camping at Fish Lake in Utah with the Perkins Family
Completed 7.24
Definitely one of the highlights of the summer.















Go to the Tolman Family Reunion
Completed 6.7 & 7.5
There were actually two: one for extended family one & one with the immediate family.


3 comments:

Tawna said...

I did get the message, thanks! I need to call you guys soon!

Emily said...

What a great summer! Your garden looks sooo much better than ours! Love all the pictures.

Miss Heather said...

You guys look like you had a FUN summer. And way to be a vegetable producer!! I'm no good at that stuff. Thankfully I have lots of neighbors who bring me garden goodies. :o)