Friday, August 1, 2008

Rainbows, Ripples, Rocks, and Roll-Ups...

and a few Rumps, too!

PERKINS FAMILY VACATION PART 3

Okay, okay, this is my last installment in this series! I took an unbelievable amount of photos, had such an incredible time, and I didn't want to forget a thing, hence the 3-part mini-series!!!

Aunt Tawna rode down and back part-way with us. It was a real treat! Thanks Tawna for being a good sport. For being good on the drive, the kids each received a fruit roll-up! It looks like a car full of red-tongued lizards, dontcha think?! Unfortunately an hour into our 20-hour trip, our air conditioning broke. Thank goodness for the DVD player, the GameBoys, Aunt Tawna, and the roll-ups to help keep their minds off the heat.


The first night we were there, an amazing storm came through. (See the beginning of the storm clouds brewing over the lake?) We saw a glorious, gigantic, complete rainbow, too! During the storm I took over 150 photos trying to catch any of the multitude of lightning in the sky-I got 1 1/2 successful photos (I deleted the rest btw). Do you know how hard it is to photograph lightning? Have you ever tried it? It is VERY hard!


Our cabin was so very close to the water, and it was so convenient. We enjoyed taking strolls to the water's edge. We skipped rocks on the water and counted the number of bounces/ripples. We saw seaweed, and Ammon said, "I know why they call it SEAWEED, because there's WEEDs and we can SEE them!" We put our feet in the water and then our legs in the water, and Josh and Kala and Jen even took a cool refreshing swim in the lake water! (and LOOOOOVED it too!!!)



There was a huge rock next to the cabin that the grandkids were constantly playing on! Malcolm, Jonah, Quinn, Aspen, Ammon, Abbie, Micah, Libby (and Kanyon in thought!)

I noticed after I picked the photos for this blog that 1/3 of them were of people's backsides. So, here's our fronts. Notice Jonah and Micah's faces? Well, at least when I take pictures of backsides, there's nobody screaming "I don't wanna take a picture" and grimmacing! Unfortunately, 3 of my boys are like their dad and hate their pictures taken. What's a mom who loves taking photographs of her family to do? Press On, that's what! So, sometimes their faces don't convey what I want them to, but I love them all the same! I am glad for the priceless memories, family togetherness, and unconditional love! I can't wait til the next reunion!

3 comments:

Candise said...

Sad to see the vacation is over! It sound like you had a great time. The boys are growing up, and getting more handsome all the time!

D'Neill said...

it sounds (and looks) like it was a fun vacation!! It was great to see you this week!

Sunshine Designed said...

I know what you mean by having so many photos- too many to choose from. It's hard to pick a favorite "one"

We tried to get Ammon to come sleep over and play- he wasn't up to it. Come to find out- he didn't want to miss his Aunt Tawna coming home. Everybody loves Tawna- I think it's awesome! They are both coming together on Sunday night- Should be fun!