Friday, August 15, 2008

29 Reasons to Love 29

Yesterday I turned 29. It sounds like an awful old age to me. It's the end of an era, the end of my twenties. For the first time since I can remember, I didn't care about celebrating it and didn't care if anyone else remembered it. But I've been thinking, I love where I'm at in life. I am continually working on my one goal in life: to be happy. There are so many good and positive things that happened to me in my twenties, so I'm gonna list 29 of them. 1. I experienced my first pregnancy, and got my first surgical scar as evidence of the delivery.
2. I endured a pregnancy with monozygotic identical twins!
3. I discovered what it feels like to have my "water break" during my last pregnancy with baby boy #4.
4. I moved 3 times, and left Utah for Idaho.
5. I learned how to golf, and slowly improved at it.
6. I maintained a job in one place for 5 years!
7. I became a Stay At Home Mom, and learned to love it too!
8. I joined a bowling league.
9. I went on my first plane ride.
10. I grew with my kids from MOPS(Mothers of Preschoolers) to PTO(Parent/Teacher Organization at the school).
11. I got my first official passport!
12. I visited new places: Seattle, London, Yellowstone, Scotland.
13. I met many new friends, and said goodbye to many dear ones.
14. I scrapbooked my husband's mission, my high school years, our dating & engagement & marriage, and am now working on Ammon's Toddler Book and the England Vacation book.
15. I have survived potty training three boys (now I'm hoping they will teach the baby!)
16. I played real BINGO using dobbers for the first time.
17. I tried out for the TV show "Biggest Loser"
18. I sang and danced in the local "Salmon Idol" competition
19. I learned how to sheetrock, and decided to never do it again!
20. I managed to finally figure out how to breast-feed on my last child, and then subsequently found out that he was allergic to milk!
21. I celebrated my 10th anniversary (a HUGE accomplishment!) with the love of my life, my eternal partner, my closest friend: my husband.
22. I attended my five and ten year high school reunions (and got put in charge of the next one).
23. I became a music instructor for the primary kids, twice!
24. I took a Boundaries class that changed my life.
25. I joined a fitness gym for the first time.
26. I went to my first concert, found out how much I loved it, and then went to my second, third, and fourth and will go to my fifth next month!
27. I fulfilled a lifelong dream of buying a camping trailer, and have had fun using it ever since!
28. I extended my book-reading selections from Christian Romance Novels only to Harry Potter and Twilight Series and many many others!
29. I became a member of the computer social network with MySpace, Facebook, and my own BlogSpot!

8 comments:

D'Neill said...

what a great post - you have a great outlook on life. I'd have to agree with you, even when I turned 30 did it not seem like that big of a deal because I was exactly where I wanted to be at that age!

EmWJ said...

Happy Birthday! This post was so uplifting and made my day! Here's to the next 29 years!

Sunshine Designed said...

Happy Birthday to you- It was fun to hang out and head to the Lake.

Miss Heather said...

Man, I totally spaced your b-day! I SUCK!!! Happy Birthday a day late. I'm halfway through my 28th year so I'll be as old as you before you know it. :o)

The Wanbergs said...

You've been busy! You've visited so many great places, and done so many awesome things that few people have ever done (having twins being a major one). Happy Birthday, Kala. I enjoyed reading all 29 of your accomplishments.

Tawna said...

What a great post, sister. I sure love you!! 29 is your year!

Nancy said...

Well, I finally tracked down your blog. It took a little searching, but I found it. Very cute! If you are wondering which Nancy this is, it is Myrna's daughter.

Emily said...

Great picture of you! You look great and you've accomplished so much!