Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baby Magic?!

My littlest boy left a surprise for me in my nightstand drawer yesterday morning, a little bit of BABY MAGIC!!!


Kanyon is a little pack rat. He loves to pick up any item in the house that will fit in his hands, and transport it to a different part of the house. In particular, he places the objects in drawers or behind doors. This is a fork left in the bathroom drawer!


None of my other children have ever done this! It's good and it's bad. Good because it always makes me happy and smile and laugh when an object is surprisingly found in an unusual location. Like this photo: I couldn't figure out where all the forks were, and then I discovered them along with some bowls by the telephone stand. He had taken the opportunity to empty part of the dishwasher for me!


It's bad, because if you can't find something-you never know WHERE to look; the object could be anywhere in the house! I found some BINGO gamepieces we were searching for the other day in the bathroom closet. I found some fingernail polish in one of my shoes last week. We think maybe he threw one of our phones in the garbage, because we still can't find it! Not to mention his fascination with throwing things in the toilet. In this photo, it's his bathtoys. But it's also been garbage, his pacifier, and the toilet paper roll.


Yesterday morning, I was laying in bed, and I kept hearing the hamper lid open and shut, open and shut. This is what we found:


When I emptied the hamper, this is how many items he had thrown in!!! That's our baby boy! Always producing the "Baby Magic": he makes things disappear, and then they magically reappear!!!


He is SO happy when he is producing his "Baby Magic" and loves his new role as the Official Family Possessions Courrier!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Good to see you have a blog now. I'll have to keep up on reading what you are up too. Woo Hoo.

Emily said...

Rachel went through a phase like that, and we lost both of our digital phones that way. I assume it went in the garbage, because I looked everywhere! It's a good thing they're so cute at that age:)